Kubota Corp. Thilawa SEZ Facility Now Up and Running
March , 2017

Japan based farming and heavy equipment manufacturer Kubota Corporation has opened an import and sales facility within the Thilawa Special Economic Zone, located 16 miles south from the commercial capital Yangon. Kobuta Corp. has an 80 per cent stake in the project whilst the remaining 20 per cent belongs to Siam Kubota Corp. (The corporation’s Thai arm). The new venture is being overseen by the recently registered Kobuta Myanmar Corp. The Thilawa SEZ facility was constructed at a reported cost of $10 million. The facility covers 10,000 sq. feet and will undertake limited assembly work, Kubota Corp. has stated. From this facility and via nationwide dealerships farming equipment such as tractors and other heavy machinery will be sold. Speaking at the opening ceremony in Yangon, Kubota President. Masatoshi Kimata said that the facility, combined with Kubota’s deep technical expertise, will help further develop the agriculture industry in Myanmar.

Kubota Myanmar was established in 2015 with a registered capital of $23.8 million. It sells tractors, combine harvesters, rice transplanters, power tillers, diesel engines and construction machinery.

Advertisements